We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
CityFibre Holdings may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 21st September 2016.
Please note that we may update it from time to time.
The information we collect
We may collect, store and use the following personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of the website including IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation;
- Information provided when you register with us;
- Information provided when you subscribe to our website services and email notifications;
- Any other information that you may send us via our website or our business premises.
Using your personal information
CityFibre Holdings collects and securely stores information about individuals purely for its own business purposes and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 or the relevant national legislation on data protection.
We will not pass this information to any third party unless required to do so for law enforcement purposes, other than to those providing a service on our behalf in connection with our business. We may periodically send promotional information to you by email, phone or mail about new products, special offers or other information from us, our affiliate companies or our approved third party internet service provider and broadcasting partners which we think you may find interesting, using the contact address which you have provided.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not wish to receive such information.
Personal information submitted via this website will be used for the purposes stated in this policy or on relevant parts of the website. Any or all of your personal information may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our website. Specifically, information held about you may be used by us for the following reasons:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To provide third parties with statistical information about our web users but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- To maintain internal records.
Where you submit personal information for publication, we will only publish and use that information in accordance with the terms of the permission you grant us.
Third Party Websites and Services
If the website contains links to other websites we are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
We will not sell distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law.
International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries, which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online
Of course, data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. For more information, please visit www.allaboutcookies.com and please bear in mind that we are not responsible for the contents of that 3rd party website and so we do not accept any liability for any information or instructions given on it.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Data Protection Officer, CityFibre Holdings Limited,15 Bedford Street London WC2E 9HE.
CityFibre Holdings Limited
0845 293 0774
15 Bedford Street
If your personal information needs to be updated please contact us.